Friday, February 12, 2021

Thinking with Social Skills at Home


Being a Developmentally-focussed educator means that I aim to be flexible in the strategies I use to teach skills. 
image: thinking boy

Yes, children need and thrive on consistency, but consistent application of expectations is not the same as rigidly applying strategies!  I find it best to use a variety of methods and materials; however I am consistently impressed with the developmental focus and application of the materials created by the professionals at SocialThinking Inc. Links to two of my favorites are below: I hope these are useful in your house!
 

Help Your Kids Become Whole Body Listeners: Fun Activities to Do at Home

     Credited: Elizabeth Sautter, MA, CCC-SLP  © 2020 Think Social Publishing, Inc.


Using Social Thinking® Vocabulary with My OWN Child

     Credited: Rebecca Reinking, CPSP, CCC-SLP  * May 29, 2019   




Charlton Elementary School

Charlton Elementary School
Our School!